This is an interesting link. I am trying to find a formula for what makes a viral video viral?
In my humble opinion…
- change opinion
- standard technology
- human imagination and creativity
- technology in a live moment
Statistically this is interesting also:
- Bruce Lee: 1 million views
- Sarah Palin: 2 million views
- Britney: 1 million views
- Pink: 100,000
- Bricks (awe): 300,000 views
- Meteor (awe): 2 million
- Immersion (shock, inform, change opinion): 140,000
It seems that celebrity still holds some weight, but with the right clip, meteor for example, the ceilings can be broken.